Thursday, July 31, 2008

Project Runway

**IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS SEASON, FEEL FREE TO READ AS I WILL NOT DISCLOSE THE RESULTS.**

As a true fan of this fun Bravo show from the very first season (Moo can back me up on this), I must say this season, 3 episodes in, is less than sub par. It pretty much sucks. The personalities of the contestants are not fun, and in my humble opinion, quite annoying. I wish I could kick the biker bitching bitch OUT of my tv. In my dream world, she would be blurred and muted until she got kicked off the show. Mr. Tanorexic dreams of being the next Santino (a previous contestant who had a few entertaining moments), which is annoying. An equal annoyance is third person boy. I can only hope they are all so embarrassed when they watch these episodes. It seems that after Paris made her official statement "That's Hot!" and last season's winner, Christian, is now known for being "Fierce!" and talking about "tranny hooker" looks, almost every contestant is trying coin a new phrase. If they would just spend that time putting thought into their work, someone just might come down that runway with something aw inspiring.

Thus far the challenges have been almost identical to past seasons, but so have 99% of the outfits. In the past there were usually one or two people per challenge that were working up to the last minute, usually because they had a great design that just took every minute of their time to produce. This season none of them seem to be ready to go down the runway on time, and one thing's for damn sure, it's not because of their design "fabulousity" (Kimora). It seems that Tim Gunn is very frustrated, and I don't blame him. I read an interview with him that came out right before the first episode and he stated that this season would piss a lot of people off and viewers would be throwing things at their tvs. I, personally, think they are just going to turn them off. If Heidi thinks she can produce just anything and people will watch, she is wrong. There is NO WAY the producers who hand selected these candidates are the same from seasons past. It's sad. Next season it will switch all of it's producers (minus Heidi) and go to Lifetime. I can't imagine, unless it's money, why they would go FROM Bravo TO Lifetime. Doesn't that seem backwards??? I'm sure Heidi, Nina (aka hem Nazi--and rightfully so), Michael, and a guest judge will still be on. I can't imagine them shaking that up. (Only Heidi and Tim have been signed thus far for season six. The other two are said to still be in contract negotiations.) Speaking of the judges, I have disagreed with who should have been sent home, as well as two of the three winners. I don't know if they are aiming to make this season more diverse, but if you can't sew, you need to go! I don't care who you are. AHHH FRUSTRATING!! Maybe a change will be good... even if it is to Lifetime.

Please leave comments. My boyfriend is tired of hearing about of this. Who wants to vent with me??

No comments: